Base 1.1 is now ready for download. This is a significant update and it includes the following new features:
- Automatic Updates – Active, paid subscribers will now be able to update Base and it’s child themes automatically from WordPress. It’s a simple one-click update. A License Key is required to update. Active, paid subscribers can retrieve the License Key from their member dashboard.
- Post-Specific Stylesheets – Allows users to add unique, per-post stylesheets. This script was created so that custom stylesheet files could be dropped into the active theme’s ‘/css’ folder and loaded for individual posts using the ‘Stylesheet’ post meta key and the stylesheet name as the post meta value.
- Dynamic Footer Credits – Footer credits for child themes are now controlled by Base. Nothing fancy here, just minimizing theme code.
- Semantic Hook Names – Hook names now more accurately describe their function.
- Browser-Specific CSS Classes – Added browser names to the body class, allowing users to target specific browsers with specific styles.
To update from an earlier version of Base to version 1.1, please make a backup of your existing Base theme and upload Base 1.1 into your wp-content/themes/ folder via FTP. Active, paid subscribers can download Base 1.1 from their member dashboard.