Today we’re happy to release Retouch into the wild. Retouch is a free, responsive, one-column WordPress photo theme. It includes a colorful polaroid-inspired design, sleek gallery interface, widgets, paper tab drop down menus and custom background/header options.
- Responsive Design – Retouch adapts to different screen sizes so that your website will work (and be optimized for) iPhones, iPads and other mobile devices.
- Galleries – Swipe or click through galleries. View an example gallery post for the full effect.
- Post Formats – Retouch supports the Image, Gallery and Standard post formats.
- Custom Background – Change the background from wood to a custom background of your choice.
- Custom Header – Add a custom header image to bring some personality to your site.
- HTML5 – Why? Because it’s 2012 folks!
Retouch could be used for a mobile-friendly photoblog or a photo portfolio. Customizing Retouch is super simple: Add a custom background image, a header image and tweak the default CSS styles to create a truly unique theme design.
How To Download
To download Retouch, just sign up for an account. If you need access to our support forum or video tutorials, you’ll need to have a paid account.
15 thoughts on “Is It Time To Retouch Your Site?”
Is it truly swipe (meaning touch screen & swipe) friendly?!
It sure is! Give it a shot: http://demo.graphpaperpress.com/retouch/2011/01/15/guitar/
Checked out the demo – very cool… few bugs i noticed:
1) The left/right arrow buttons do not appear on the video post, on either iPad (2) or iPhone (4S)
2) Menu navigation (drop down in top right) doesn’t appear to work on iPhone (4S)
Thanks for checking it out! #1 might be a bug. We’ll look into and fix if it is. #2 works fine on my iPhone 4S. The tabs turn responsive and combine into one drop-down/click-down navigational item.
re: the iPhone menu – Yeah, i’m seeing it turn responsive and i get the drop down panel (after clicking on ‘menu’)
but when i click on a category (eg. ‘People’), all i get is a weird ‘flash’ in the safari URL address box (it’s the first few pixels of the blue ‘page loading’ progress bar appearing then disappearing).
The address doesn’t change and the appropriate page doesn’t load.
Tried clearing cache and rebooting phone, that hasn’t fixed it… if it’s my phone i can’t imagine why!
Huh. Looking into it
please ,teach How to make like a demo site.
1.the most right menu “archives”
gallery page with featured images,tag drop down,category drop down…
I try “http://sample.com/archive/”, it is error.
2.”info”,”exif” tab of “Going to the beach”top photo “info”,”exif”
1. Please read the theme instructions for creating the archive page. You need to create a new page called archive and assign it to the archive page template. 2. Exif data will be extracted automatically if the images you upload have it stored in the file. If yours isn’t showing, then your images likely don’t have it.
thank you so much.
I try them , and both them cleared.
New to WP. Purchased this theme. Can’t figure out how to get the main image to look like yours with top alignment and it looks like maybe 5px boarder. I can get the boarder but it won’t let me fill the space with the image even though it is 940×626 like yours.
i want to make a background on the archive page after the thumnails, where can i find how to make this?
I just wanted to tell you “Thank you” for making this theme available for free!
hi, I was wondering if it is possible to actually not to show exif data? thanks!