How long do you look at a photograph on a website before scrolling past it?
We all want to keep our website visitors interested, engaged and invested. But it’s tough – very tough.
Now, what if your website was optimized to draw viewers into your imagery? What if it helped focus readers’ attention and led them where you wanted them to go? What would this type of website look like?
Say hello to Photolog, the newest member of our theme collection. Photolog puts a unique twist on the traditional tubular blog post: featured images alternate left and right, and “stick” in place until the reader has scrolled past that specific blog post. The interaction is fluid and intuitive, all while putting the spotlight on your beautiful photography. The best part? It’s free! Click the screenshot below to check it out.
Photolog works with the latest version of WordPress (4.4). Here are a few highlights of Photolog’s capabilities:
- “Sticky” featured images
- Customized headers
- Customized backgrounds
- Customized background color
- Customized header text color
- Three footer widget areas (left, center, right)
- Logo support (via JetPack)
- And much more
Simple Is Good
Take it from Jim Henson, the American puppeteer and creator of The Muppets: “Simple is good.” As with all of our themes, Photolog caters to simplicity and clarity. The design is also responsive, adapting to different screen sizes on desktop computers, handhelds and mobile phones, as seen below.
While Photolog was originally created as a simple blog-style theme, we quickly realized that it could be so much more. For example, consider the following possible use cases:
- Portfolio – Create a single page portfolio with alternating images that “stick” as your readers scroll.
- Storytelling – Treat each post as a visual story with one photograph.
- Restaurant Menu – Envision each post as a menu item, with a detailed description and accompanying image.
How To Download Photolog
Photolog is simple, clean and free! Learn more and download it directly right here.