Do you care how your website performs on mobile devices? Did you know that mobile browsing now accounts for an estimated 10% of all web traffic in the U.S. and is predicted to quickly approach 15%?
Mobile browsing is gobbling up market share faster than knife fight in a phone booth. How people engage with your online portfolio and business is changing. How you respond to those changes is critical to your site’s success.
Why You Might Need A Responsive Website
As more and more people access the internet from devices of varying sizes, you are left with a few choices:
- Treat your mobile visitors like one big heaping mass and serve them the all the same desktop-oriented website.
- Build a website targeting iPhones. Build another version targeting iPads. Build a yet another version targeting desktops. Build a website targeting….well, you get the point.
- Build one website that can adapt to the screen size of any device (build a responsive website).
Clearly, option #3 wins by a landslide for reasons we need not explain further (pssst…if you do in fact need further explanation, post a comment below and we’ll chat).
How do you make your website responsive? It’s simple:
- Download one of our Responsive WordPress Themes
- Install it on your WordPress site
- Done! Ooh la la!
In order to make our themes lightweight and responsive, a few things changed that you should be aware of:
- Shortcodes have been removed and are now available in the GPP Shortcodes plugin. This plugin supports a fluid, responsive grid and can be used in any theme.
- Theme Updates have been removed and are now a available in the GPP Theme Updates plugin. This plugin allows you to update any Graph Paper Press theme automatically when new versions are released.
- Import/Export option was removed and is now available in the GPP Import/Export plugin.
- The GPP Slideshow plugin is now a responsive slideshow plugin, meaning that the slides (images) scale to fit small and large browsers.
- The category slider has been removed and is being converted into a responsive slider plugin.
- Sidewinder now supports two menu positions: Main and Top. Use the Main Menu position if you want your navigation to transform into a sleek select box when on mobile devices. If your menu contains lots of items and drop downs, this ensures it will scale well on mobile devices.
Ready to Update Your Themes Automagically?
The GPP Theme Updates plugin allows you to update your GPP theme with just a few simple clicks. After entering your license key (from our Member’s area), click update, and voila, your theme will be up to date. The plugin will also auto-save a version of your old theme, so you have the option to revert back if you ever need to.
Create Responsive Slideshows
We’ve updated the GPP Slideshow plugin to be responsive and it will now automatically adjust based on browser size. If you’re using a theme like Focal Point that depends heavily on GPP Slideshow, this update is imperative.
Build Fluid Responsive Grid Layouts
The GPP Shortcodes plugin allows you to easily create fluid, responsive column layouts and add boxes and buttons to your Posts and Pages without modifying CSS, HTML or PHP.
Everyone Loves a Discount
Receive $30 off our annual theme subscriptions when you like us on Facebook. Enter the code at checkout to apply the discount. Plus, if you’re one of the first five people to activate a responsive theme and submit it to our showcase, you could win a FREE Annual Subscription.