The Free Downloads extension for our Sell Media plugin makes it easy to generate leads and grow your mailing list by allowing you to offer free downloads. When visitors click the download button on an image, they will be prompted to submit their name and e-mail address to complete the download. The extension integrates with MailChimp, an e-mail marketing system.
Powerful Marketing Tool
Remember those “Subscribe to my email newsletter” forms and links? Here’s a secret: They really aren’t any good at lead generation or growing your mailing list. Oh, the truth hurts! Giving away free downloads is a great way to grow your mailing list because users are actually receiving something in exchange for their email address. This a critical piece of running a successful online business. The bigger your list, the more potential customers.
How it works
- You must be using WordPress and our free Sell Media plugin.
- Install and activate the Free Downloads extension just like a normal plugin.
- Visit the Sell Media > Settings > Misc > Free Downloads Settings
- Fill in your MailChimp API Key. You can find your MailChimp API Key on the Account > Extras > API Keys page at MailChimp.com
- Add a new item to Sell Media and make sure the Free Download checkbox is checked. This turns this download into a free download, replaces the “Buy” buttons with “Download” buttons.
- Visitors will add their name and email address to the Free Download form, the extension emails them their download, and their contact info is added to your mailing list in MailChimp.