If you are a photographer selling images of people, a model release is something you cannot afford to miss out on.
Obtaining a model release and connecting it to images that you sell online is workflow nightmare. Our model release extension simplifies this process.
The Model Release extension for our Sell Media plugin allows you to attach a waiver to your products for safe keeping and future reference. The documents will be uploaded into your media library, which can be quickly attached and reattached to one or many products.
Why You Need A Model Release
Photographers who publish images of people (adults, minors, groups) for sale online need signed releases to protect themselves legally.
A model release provides this protection. Also known as a liability waiver, a model release is a legal document typically signed by the subject of a photograph granting permission to publish the photograph in one form or another.
Example Use Case
So, let’s say that you’re a photographer and you plan on creating a stock photography website using our Sell Media plugin.
Suppose further, that you visit a Ted Talk where a famous entrepreneur gives a Ted Talk. During the event, you capture a wonderful headshot.
Now, if you want to use the image for commercial purposes, you’re going to need a model release signed by the entrepreneur.
And if you plan on selling stock photos of people on your website, you’ll definitely want your subjects to sign a release form. Otherwise, legal issues are bound to come knocking at your door.
You can get a sample release form from ASMP.
- Print copies of your preferred model release document or use one of the many available waiver mobile apps.
- Have your subjects sign your waiver.
- Take a photo of the signed waiver after the shoot.
- Upload your photos in Sell Media and click the “Choose” button in the “Model Release” section on the page.
- Choose the model release from your computer.
Now, your model release document is forever attached to the photos or videos that it relates to in your store. The text “Model Release: ✔ Yes” will appear below the “Buy” button on every product that has an attached model release.
Get all of the features described above plus hundreds of additional features described below when you purchase the Pro plan!
artists and entrepreneurs
- Sell print-on-demand products
- Sell stock photos
- Sell file downloads
- Create unlimited galleries
- Create unlimited pricing options
- Rights management
- Lightbox support
- Import from Lightroom & Aperture
- Import keywords automatically
- Password-protected galleries
- Integrates with any WordPress theme
- Sell prints
- Sell artwork
- Sell digital and physical media that requires shipping
- Sell monthly and yearly membership access plans
- Set download limits for all membership plans
- Watermark your images
- Enable image magnification
- Backup files to the Amazon S3 cloud
- Bulk upload
- Accept credit card payments via Stripe
- Offer discount codes
- Mailchimp email newsletter integration
- Share sales commissions with contributors
- Offer free downloads
- Set expiration times for downloads
- Accept offline payments
- Add model releases
- Fast & knowledgeable tech support
- Unlimited access to all 46 themes
- Unlimited access to all 17 plugins
No risk trial: 30-day money back guarantee. Cancel or upgrade anytime after signing up. All prices in USD.