This video tutorial is shown for customers only. Upgrade to access it.
WordPress allows you to add new users to your site, and also set a specific role for each of those users, limiting their capabilities if desired. For more details about these roles and capabilities, please read this description in the WordPress Codex.
To add a new user:
- In your WordPress Dashboard, go to Users > Add New.
- Fill out the necessary information.
- Be sure to include the username, email address and the role for your new user.
- Click the Add New User button.
To change your existing users’ information or role:
- In your WordPress dashboard, go to Users > All Users.
- Click the Edit link in the menu that appears when you hover over the user’s name.
- You will be taken to that user’s profile page.
- On this page, you can change the user’s name, email address, profile information, bio, role, password, etc. You cannot change the username.
- Once you have completed your changes, click the Update Profile button to save your changes.