Business is a three column, responsive WordPress theme.
- Download the zip file from your members dashboard. This will always be the most current version of the theme.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard. This can be found at yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Go to Appearance > Themes and click on the _Install Themes_ tab
- Click on the _Upload_ link
- Upload the zip file that you downloaded from your members dashboard and click _Install Now_
- Click _Activate_ to use the theme you just installed.
For more details about installing your themes, please view Installing Your Theme
Optional: You can download a demo content file here that you can import in Tools > Import. In many cases just importing the demo content will not work since you will also have to make some manual configurations. Please go through this documentation to fully understand how the theme works in order to customize it to fit your needs.
With the Theme Customizer, you can set your title and tagline, upload a logo, set a background image, assign your menus, and choose a static home page. You can preview your changes by clicking the Customize link below your active theme on your Appearance > Themes page.
*Please note: Setting a static home page will remove the default home page elements built into the theme.
Business supports widgetized areas above the footer area, and in the sidebar of single post and archive posts pages. For more detail about adding widgets to your site, please read Adding Widgets.
Business uses WordPress’s custom menus option. These can be created in Appearance > Menus. To add a new menu to your site:
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Create a new menu item by clicking the + tab.
- Select the pages you want to display in your menu and click the Add to Menu button. If you do not see the type of page (category, tag, portfolio, gallery, etc) you want to display, click the Screen Options link at the top of the page and make sure the page type is checked.
- Once you have set your menu as you want it, click the Save Menu button.
- Then, assign that menu to your desired theme location to ensure your menu appears where you want it and click Save.
Social Media Icons
You can add social media icons to your menu. This theme uses fontawesome icons so if you want to use any of the social icons such as facebook, x or instagram, you will have to add CSS classes to the menu items.
In your Menus panel on your dashboard, create a new menu and assign it to Footer Menu. Click on the arrow for each menu item to open the details box. You should see an option for _CSS Classes_. If you do not see this option, click the _Screen Options_ link at the top right of the page and make sure _CSS Classes_ is checked in the menu that opens up.
To specify which icon will display, enter the corresponding class name in the CSS Classes box. For facebook, you will need to add "fa-brands fa-facebook" without the quotes.
Similarly, for X, add this class: fa-brands fa-x-twitter For instagram, add this: fa-brands fa-instagram
You can check all the class names and add over 2000 of the icons presented by fontaweome[https://fontawesome.com/search?o=r&m=free]
This theme relies heavily on Featured Images. The Featured Image will become the image displayed in various home page elements.
of the post on the Home and Archive pages. On single entry pages, the Featured Image will be set as the header image. If your post is missing a Featured Image, the custom header image will be shown. If the custom header is missing, it won't show anything.
To choose the image you want to set as a featured image for this post and click the _Set as Featured Image_ button. For best results use images that are at least 960 pixels wide.
Homepage features six sections: callout, portfolio, featured, staggered, team and clients section. Each section displays posts from different categories in custom layout. To select categories for each section:
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage.
- Select a category for each section from the drop down menus.
- Once you have set your categories as you want them, click the Save Settings button.
To setup your callout section go to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage and enter text and button url for the Callout option.
To setup your portfolio section go to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage and select category for the Portfolio option. Selected category will display it's posts in grid/portfolio layout.
To setup your services section go to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage and select category for the Featured option. Selected category will display it's posts in grid / three column layout.
To setup your clients section go to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage and select category for the Clients option. Selected category will display it's posts in grid / five column layout.
To setup your testimonials section go to Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage and select category for the Staggered option. Selected category will display it's posts in two column layout.
Business theme includes a Team page template. This page template will display posts from category that is assigned to Team option on Appearance > Theme Options > Homepage page. To create a team page:
- Create a new page in Pages > Add New.
- Assign this page to the Team page template. You do not need to add any content to the content area.
This theme comes with 3 page templates: blog, team, and wide. The blog template is a traditional 2 column layout, with a right sidebar for widgets. The team template will display posts from the category set via theme options for the team section, note, this page does not have a sidebar. The wide template will display content with out the right sidebar.
Business theme includes a Blog page template. These page template will display posts from category that is assigned to Blog option on Appearance > Theme Options > General page. To create a blog page:
- Create a new page in Pages > Add New.
- Assign this page to the Blog page template. You do not need to add any content to the content area.
The portfolio section is derived from the category assigned to the portfolio section in Theme Options. The single portfolio page is displayed with the gallery as the page header, and the following "project details" (post meta) displayed in the right sidebar.
_Please note: If present the first gallery is displayed as the page header for portfolio archive pages._