Expo is a single column, responsive, and horizontal scrolling WordPress Photography theme.
- Download the zip file from your members dashboard. This will always be the most current version of the theme.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard. This can be found at yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Go to Appearance > Themes and click on the _Install Themes_ tab
- Click on the _Upload_ link
- Upload the zip file that you downloaded from your members dashboard and click _Install Now_
- Click _Activate_ to use the theme you just installed.
For more details about installing your themes, please view Installing Your Theme
- Go to Settings > Media
- Set the thumnails size to 600 wide by 400 tall and check the crop option so thumbnails are cropped to those exact dimensions.
- Set the medium size to 900 max width and set max height to 0 (no max height).
- Set the large size to 1440 max width and set max height to 0 (no max height).
Optional: You can download a demo content file here that you can import in Tools > Import.
With the Theme Customizer, you can set your title and tagline, upload a logo, assign your menus, and choose your desired Google Fonts for your site. You can also add custom CSS to make changes quickly and preview those changes.
*Please note: Setting a static home page will remove the default home page elements built into the theme.
This theme supports header images. Header images should be sized at 1440 px wide by 960 px tall. The Homepage shows the Header Image so its recommended that you select the best image you have. On top of this header image, site logo and description appears on the left and on the page center respectively. All the interior single pages/posts will use the Featured Image as the Header image on the top.
Expo supports widgets in the sidebar which is hidden by default. It is accessible only when you click the menu icon on the top right. For more detail about adding widgets to your site, please read Adding Widgets.
Expo uses WordPress’s custom menus option. These can be created in Appearance > Menus. You can have two menus, Primary meny and a Social Menu. To add a new menu to your site:
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Create a new menu item by clicking the + tab.
- Select the pages you want to display in your menu and click the Add to Menu button. If you do not see the type of page (category, tag, portfolio, gallery, etc) you want to display, click the Screen Options link at the top of the page and make sure the page type is checked.
- Once you have set your menu as you want it, click the Save Menu button.
- Then, assign that menu to your desired theme location to ensure your menu appears where you want it and click Save.
Social Media Icons/Menu
You can add social media icons to the Social menu. You can simply add your social profile URL and the icons will appear automatically.
This theme relies heavily on Featured Images. All the featured images appear on the home and archive pages where you can scroll horizontaly. On single entry pages, the Featured Image will be set as the header image. If your post is missing a Featured Image, the custom header image will be shown. If the custom header is missing, it won't show anything.
To choose the image you want to set as a featured image for this post and click the _Set as Featured Image_ button. For best results use images that are at least 960 pixels wide.
Expo supports JetPack plugin's most popular features, Tiled gallery and Infinite Scroll.
Integration with Sell Media plugin
Stock Photography will work without the Sell Media plugin active, but, to take advantage of many of the features you see on the theme demo site, you must activate and configure the Sell Media plugin.