QUA is a flexible, customizable photo blog theme.
- Download the zip file from your members dashboard. This will always be the most current version of the theme.
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard. This can be found at yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Go to Appearance > Themes and click on the _Install Themes_ tab
- Click on the _Upload_ link
- Upload the zip file that you downloaded from your members dashboard and click _Install Now_
- Click _Activate_ to use the theme you just installed.
For more details about installing your theme, please view Installing Your Theme
- Go to Settings > Media
- Set the thumbnail size to 300 wide by 0 tall and uncheck the crop option so thumbnails are not cropped.
- Set the medium size to 600 max width and set max height to 0 (no max height).
- Set the large size to 1200 max width and set max height to 0 (no max height).
Optional: You can download a demo content file here that you can import in Tools > Import. In many cases just importing the demo content will not work since you will also have to make some manual configurations. Please go through this documentation to fully understand how the theme works in order to customize it to fit your needs.
With the Theme Customizer, you can set your title and tagline, upload a logo, assign your menus, and choose your desired Google Fonts for your site. You can also add custom CSS to make changes quickly and preview those changes. Theme Customizer is the main highlight of this theme. Most of the Theme Options such as homepage section options are baked into the Theme Customizer.
Setting up the Homepage
This theme can have many different homepage appearances depending on what you need. That is why we are calling it a flexible and customizable theme. If you want to set up homepage as seen in the demo, please create a Page and assign it a Homepage page template. Then, go to Settings -> Reading menu and assign a Static Front page with the name of the page you just created. This should enable you to create a page very much like the theme demo.
This theme integrates seamlessly with JetPack's Custom Content Type (Portfolio) Posts. So if you are thinking of creating a portfolio site with this theme, please make sure you have JetPack installed and the Portfolio Custom Post Type activated. Once you start creating Portfolio posts, you should be able to see the grid of images (featured images) on the homepage.
Of many homepage features, Slideshow is one. Please go to Theme Customizer from Appearance -> Customizer menu and click Slideshow. You can upload your images and they should appear on the preview as slideshows. You can also set other options of the slideshow. Slideshows appears on the top of the page.
A welcome Message appears right after the site title and menu. You can set this from the customizer.
As mentioned, please install and activate JetPack and its Custom Content Types (Portfolio). You can start adding your posts if you haven't yet and the portfolio section will appear on the static home page we set earlier. If you want the archive of your portfolio posts, simply create a page assign it a Portfolio Page Template. Alternately, you can use the "portfolio" link in the menu as such as this.
By default, all the Posts will appear as Blog. If you set the Static Front Page in Settings -> Reading option to Latest Posts, your website will appear as a normal Blog site. If you have a Static Front Page set to the Homepage Template, then these posts will appear as "Blog" below the Portfolio Section.
Call To Action Widget
Additionally, there is a full width one-column Call to Action widget for promotion purposes. You can add this widget via Appearance -> Widgets menu.
This theme supports widgets in the homepage second column (sidebar) and footer. For more detail about adding widgets to your site, please read Adding Widgets.
This theme uses WordPress custom menus option. These can be created in Appearance > Menus. You can have two menus, a Primary Menu and a Social Menu. To add a new menu to your site:
- Go to Appearance > Menus.
- Create a new menu item by clicking the + tab.
- Select the pages you want to display in your menu and click the Add to Menu button. If you do not see the type of page (category, tag, portfolio, gallery, etc. you want to display, click the Screen Options link at the top of the page and make sure the page type is checked.
- Once you have set your menu as you want it, click the Save Menu button.
- Then, assign that menu to your desired theme location to ensure your menu appears where you want it and click Save.
Social Media Icons/Menu
You can add social media icons to the Social menu. Simply add your social profile URL and the icons will appear automatically. Social Menu appears at the bottom of the site.
This theme relies heavily on Featured Images. All featured images appear on the home and archive pages. On single entry pages, the Featured Image will be set as the header image. If your post is missing a Featured Image, it will be left blank.
Choose the image you want to set as a featured image for this post and click the _Set as Featured Image_ button. For best results, use images that are at least 960 pixels wide.
Sell Media Support
This theme also supports our most popular Sell Media plugin to sell your photos on your self hosted website. To understand more about Sell Media, please visit: https://graphpaperpress.com/plugins/sell-media/