Contributors: Graph Paper Press Requires at least: WordPress 4.7 License: GPLv2 or later License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Zoom theme is a photography based website which can be set as your own Zoom photography site and start selling your photos. Zoom is a child theme of _VS. _VS brings your site to life with header video and immersive featured images. With a focus on photography sites, it features multiple widgets on the front page, navigation and social menus, a logo, and more. It has full support to our custom built Sell Media plugin which converts your normal WordPress site to a fully e-commerce site or a Zoom photography website. You can showcase your gallery as in the demo and start selling your photographs.
- First, download both _VS parent theme and Zoom from your Graph Paper Press member dashboard.
- In your WordPress admin panel, go to Appearance -> Themes.
- Click the Add New button.
- Click the Upload Theme button and upload both _VS theme and Zoom theme.
- After uploading both themes, go back to the Themes page and on Zoom theme, click the Activate button to use your new theme right away.
- Navigate to Appearance -> Customize in your admin panel and customize to taste.
Setting up your homepage
- There are different ways to set up homepage on Zoom theme.
- By default, all your posts will be shown in your homepage which looks like a normal blog layout.
- You can also change this look and set a 'Static Front Page'. First, you will have to create a page. Go to Pages -> Add New.
- On the Page title, type Front Page and Publish the page. Also, you can create another page called 'Blog' if you want to run a blog as well.
- Go to Settings -> Reading and set the 'Front page displays setting to a. the Front page you created and b. the blog page you created.
- Now, if you are selling your photos, you need to install and activate Sell Media plugin. This will activate a 'Gallery widget' to show on the homepage.
- Go to Appearance -> Customize page. You should see a Homepage setting. Here, you can add widgets such as Banner, Big Image, Map, Gallery, etc. If you have Sell Media gallery uploaded, you can set that gallery in the Gallery widget. This gallery will appear in the homepage as in the Demo.
- The gallery can be displayed in various ways. In the Customizer, please go to Design -> Layout section. Here, you can choose to crop your images and also show different layouts of the gallery.
- The demo site also uses a Custom Header Image on the homepage.
Setting up the menu
- Go to Appearance -> Customize and click Menus option. You can create a new menu and add pages, posts, galleries that you want to show.
- Assign that menu to the 'Primary Menu'.
Gallery Layouts & Recommended Plugins
Sell Media : https://wordpress.org/plugins/sell-media/ We highly recommend using our Sell Media plugin to start selling your photos. Sell Media has a gallery widget which can be added to homepage layout via Customize -> Homepage. Under Customize -> Design -> Layout, you can also set the crop option and various gallery layouts such as Masonry layouts and different column layouts.
JetPack : https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/ We recommend JetPack plugin as it has various modules added to it such as Tiled Galleries. This can be really nice if you do not plan to use Sell Media but need diversity for gallery layouts.
Zoom WordPress Theme, Copyright 2017 Graph Paper Press team Zoom is distributed under the terms of GNU GPL
Zoom is a child theme of _VS theme which is based on Twenty Seventeen. Twenty Seventeen WordPress Theme, Copyright 2016 WordPress.org Twenty Seventeen is distributed under the terms of the GNU GPL
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
Twenty Seventeen bundles the following third-party resources:
HTML5 Shiv, Copyright 2014 Alexander Farkas Licenses: MIT/GPL2 Source: https://github.com/aFarkas/html5shiv
jQuery scrollTo, Copyright 2007-2015 Ariel Flesler License: MIT Source: https://github.com/flesler/jquery.scrollTo
normalize.css, Copyright 2012-2016 Nicolas Gallagher and Jonathan Neal License: MIT Source: https://necolas.github.io/normalize.css/
Font Awesome icons, Copyright Dave Gandy License: SIL Open Font License, version 1.1. Source: http://fontawesome.io/
Bundled header image, Copyright Alvin Engler License: CC0 1.0 Universal (CC0 1.0) Source: https://unsplash.com/@englr?photo=bIhpiQA009k
- Released: June 1, 2017
- Initial release