I have a real problem with the options available to creative professionals who are looking to sell their work online. The options are expensive, confusing and typically don’t integrate well into WordPress. There are impressive hosted e-commerce solutions, but many tend to be overly complex and time consuming to setup.
We’re going to change all that, but we need your help.
We’ve secretly been working away on a new plugin that will turn any image, pdf, video, mp3 or document into a product that your users can download. If you can upload it into WordPress, you can sell it. You will be able to:
- Sell photos, videos and pdf’s online (download & reprints)
- Run your own stock agency
- Keep 100% of all sales
- Log into one website to manage your portfolio, blog and online storefront
Best of all, it will be free. Free as in the wind. We plan on having version 1.0 ready for download by April 1, 2012. In the mean time, we’re looking for:
- BETA Testers – WordPress users who have 10-15 minutes every 10 days or so to test the plugin during the development cycle.
- Early Adopters – Creatives with a WordPress site who want to use the plugin. You’ll be featured in Blog posts, newsletters and press releases.
As I mentioned above, we need your help. Please use the comments below to answer the following questions:
What are your frustrations or desires with your current e-commerce options for selling photos, videos or pdfs online?
Please post/vent/curse/convulse/spew in the comments below. We are all ears.