Operating an online store to sell your images can be an incredibly rewarding experience. However, without addressing core issues such as image theft and image piracy, you might find it hard to cash in on your hard work .
Turns out one of the ways the security of your images get compromised is when someone buys an image and shares it with others.
As a result, you lose out on:
- Opportunity to have more customers
- Long-term growth of your business
To prevent this from happening, our developers at Graph Paper Press came up with a solution. The Sell Media Expire Downloads extension allows sellers to set an expire time for purchased downloads.
This helps protect your paid downloads from being shared online well after the files have been purchased. Protecting your paid downloads from being shared online becomes a whole lot easier. And having your images protected by a double layer of security means you get to focus your efforts on growing your biz more effectively and efficiently.
Now, if you are serious about wanting to stop the unethical sharing of your images, then this is something you cannot miss out on.
Use Case Scenarios
- Shared Download Links – This extension helps prevent unscrupulous users from downloading your paid products after the expire time that you set.
- Double Protection – Accessing paid downloads requires a special link that is only sent to buyers after they have paid. Adding an expire time adds another layer of protection.
This extension requires the free Sell Media plugin to work.
Installation & Configuration
- Download the extension on the Customer Dashboard.
- Log into your WordPress site.
- Click Plugins -> Add New -> Upload Plugin.
- Select the ZIP that you downloaded above.
- Activate the plugin.
- Visit Sell Media -> Settings -> Misc -> Download Expire.
- Choose the time variable that works best for your store.
- Now, all download links sent via email will expire accordingly.